Tonight’s layout focused on using color and patterns. I’ve noticed several people posting to the group that patterns and mixing colors intimidate them. Here is the final product, without a title yet. I took the approach of
1. Find a pattern – for this layout, I used a busy teal pattern cardstock
2. Find a complimentary solid color – I used a rich, textured brown
3. Contrast or complement step # 2 – I used a soft, feminine pink (pink looks great with brown and teal!)
4. Add a pattern paper that pulls your colors together – I used a brown pattern paper with blue/teal, pink and beige flowers.
5. Embellish using colors on your layout
2 – 12 x 12 teal pattern cardstock
Border – tear strips from paper and then layer as shown:
1 torn 4″ strip from brown
1 torn 3″ strip from pink
1 torn 2″ strip from brown/blue/pink pattern paper
1 – 5×7 pink pattern paper
1 – 6.75 x 4.75 teal or blue solid
1 – 6.5 x 4.5 solid (I used black but you can use any dark color that works with your layout)
The background goes down, then the border to the side. Add your photo matte and photo, then place a photo at the bottom of your layout. The other page would use the same border pattern and place your photos where you want. Be sure to add a title and journaling. On my right side page, I will add the journaling. I will probably use teal patterned and/or pink ones for the title on the left page.
To view this layout, I placed a short video on YouTube, just click here ScrapWithMe