Journaling is an exciting, inspirational way to share you! Below you will find a few ideas to spark imagination and creativity! There aren’t any rules to journaling, so I invite you to use this as simply inspiration to create.
Writing, drawing, painting, and journaling are all great ways to express yourself. Journaling doesn’t mean diary, unless you want it to. Maybe you prefer idea book or art portfolio? Perhaps diary strikes a cord or maybe just simply calling it your notebook? Whatever you want to name it, it’s simply about expressing you in a way that feels uplifiting and encouraging!
Because everyone is different, there are many ways to create! Just a few things you might consider are: painting, poetry, collages, free writing, scrapbooking, vision boards, and vision books. The inspirations shared below are exciting ways to spark an idea.
Inspiration 1 - Begin
Select (purchase or create) an album, notebook or medium of your choice. What would you enjoy working with? This is meant to be a fun and uplifting adventure and it’s ALL right!
The first page might include a current photo and brief bio after all, this page is all about YOU.
You could Include your full name, today’s date, and why you are creating the project.
Sparks of Inspiration!
Inspiration 2 - What's in a Name?
Simply create a fun page all about your name. You could do your first, middle, last or nick name or all of the above! Also, you could also include any family names that are handed down through the generations. Did your surname change when your ancestors came to America or as the generations handed it own? Because of so many languages when people were coming to America, many surnames changed in spelling pronunciation or both. Are you aware of anything like this in your family history?
- Who named you?
- Why did they name you that?
- Where did your middle name come from?
- Are there any names handed down? Is your name difficult to pronounce – spell it phonetically for future generations?
- Do you have a nickname?
- Did you get to name anyone (your child or anyone else)?
This would be a good time to include your signature. Yes, your signature!
Here is an example of journaling a name:
Usage: English, Jewish, French, Biblical
Pronounced: ES-tur (English), es-TER (French) [key]
Possibly means “star” in Persian. Alternatively it could be a Hebrew form of ISHTAR, the name of a Persian goddess. The Book of Esther in the Old Testament tells of Queen Esther, the Jewish wife of the king of Persia, who saves many Jews from persecution. (taken from www.behindthename.com)
Another idea is to spell out your name and use fun words that describe you.
E – Energetic, Enthusiastic
S – Sympathetic, Sweet, Skilled, Scrapbooker
T – Tender Hearted, Talented, Thoughtful, Treasured, Teacher
H – Helpful, Humanitarian, Happy
E – Easy Going, Engaging
R – Rational, Responsible, Realistic
- Use WordArt to create and print your name in really fun ways to put on your page
- Write your name in big block letters and then inside of the letters write all of the amazing attributes that make you so wonderful! Add colors and sparkles and whatever feels good to you!
Inspiration 3 - MY Favorite Things
Just like in that fun song, name your favorite things!
My Favorite Things
Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
20 Sparks of Inspiration All About YOU!
- What are your favorite things?
- Favorite color?
- Food, drink, recipe or restaurant?
- Music, band, concert?
- Hobby or pastime?
- Vacation, staycation, getaway, hideaway, home away from home?
- Tell about your favorite quiet place
- Where do you go to relax and breathe? What inspires you?
- Movie, actor, play, production?
- Sport, team, coach?
- Author, book, or most impactful book?
- Pet, furbaby, animal?
- National park, state, country?
- Best gift ever
- Most amazing birthday, birthday party, birthday gift? Family get together?
- Or how about: Recall the time you laughed the hardest
- Share about what you love to collect and why. What does it inspire in you?
- Describe what you love to do, share how it makes you feel
- What is your favorite accomplishment or something that you did that makes you smile every time you think about it?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases